Summer in Spain is synonymous with warm weather; and warm weather is synonymous with water. A lot of water. So, if your idea of a summer holiday is more sunscreen and ice cream than city breaks to Stockholm or Berlin, then we’re sure you’ll be looking forward to taking a refreshing dip after soaking up the rays. Our guests have some of the most beautiful beaches and coves of the Costa Brava at their disposal, but we still think it’s worth asking: which is your favourite way to cool off? At the seaside or the swimming pool?
5 reasons to choose the seaside:
- Connect with nature: seawater and sand both have revitalizing properties.
- A nice stroll along the seashore is a great way of doing exercise and stimulating circulation.
- For the hardiest holidaymakers, a dip at dawn can be a great way to start the day.
- There is so much to do at the seaside: building sandcastles, playing boules, beach tennis or football. You’ll never get bored at the beach!
- Very little planning needed: just bring your parasol, sandwiches and icebox, and you’re all set for a lazy day bedside the sea.
5 reasons to choose the swimming pool:
- For those who can’t stand getting sand in their towels, bathing suits or packets of crisps.
- If you have children, a pool can be a safer, easier-to-supervise space.
- Ideal for stormy sea days.
- If your goal is to perfect your breaststroke or front-crawl technique, then the pool is definitely your best bet.
- You love water, but you’re not so keen on not knowing what you’re treading on, or on feeling the brush of a strange fish against your leg.
How about you? What would you choose? Seaside or swimming pool?