Tossa by day, Tossa by night! All day long you can find fun and entertainment in this wonderful little town, just a couple of kilometres from Camping Cala Llevadó. Why not enjoy a little of its cuisine too? You’re on holiday: don’t cook!
Tossa is home to plenty of cheap and cheerful restaurants that serve top-quality food. Here are seven of the eateries that come most highly recommended by our trusted food fanatics. You will not be disappointed!
- Can Pini, located in Carrer del Portal, 12, 17320, Tossa de Mar, +34 972 34 02 97. Mediterranean cooking, good seafood and paella. A cosy place, filled with plants and flowers. It has a beautiful terrace with views of the old wall.
- Sa Muralla, very close to Can Pini, in Carrer del Portal, 16, 17320, Tossa de Mar, +34 972 34 11 28. Homely cooking with great attention to detail. Nautical décor and friendly service.
- Mestre d’Aixa, restaurant situated in Carrer la Guàrdia, 23, 17320 Tossa de Mar, +34 972 34 00 68. In addition to its pizzas and pasta, the traditional Catalan dishes are also well worth trying.
- Bahia, en Passeig del Mar, 19, 17320 Tossa de Mar, +34 972 34 03 22 after more than six decades serving top-quality fare, Bahia has become an unmissable Tossa classic. We’re sure you’ll enjoy their fresh fish – straight from the marketplace – and their excellent service.
- Pizzeria Bello, Carrer Sant Ramon de Penyafort, 9, 17320 Tossa de Mar, +34 972 34 08 65. An authentic “Ristorante italiano” in Tossa, with a lovely terrace and great sea views. The thin-crust pizzas are delicious. They even offer gluten-free pasta. What more could you ask?
- Es Racó, Carrer Sant Pere, 5, 17320 Tossa de Mar, +34 972 34 16 82. Hearty helpings served with a smile. Cinephiles will love the décor which includes lovely old photographs of legendary stars of the silver screen.
- La Placeta, Plaça de Les Armes 2, 17320 Tossa de Mar, +34 972 34 08 72. Quiet restaurant in a beautiful part of town. Fresh, homemade fare and exquisite seafood at reasonable prices. Watch out for the sangria cava: it goes down so easily, you’ll polish it off before you know it!
Here at Camping Cala Llevadó we’d like to say “bon appétit” and invite you to enjoy a relaxing post-meal siesta at our campsite!
Photo: Pizzeria Bello